How can you expand your franchise network? What are the most appropriate channels to recruit franchisees? It is undoubtedly a complicated task to franchise a business, but franchisee recruitment has its own set of problems.
If you are looking for a professional to help you to recruit franchisees, click on the link below or enter your details into the form above.
How To Successfully Recruit Franchisees
The role of franchisees is vital when it comes to growing this type of business. These are your customers and partners at the same time. Therefore, if you are a successful franchisor you must create a series of strategies aimed at attracting franchisees.
If you are wondering how to get new recruits step by step, read on.
1. Completely Understand How Your Brand And Your Franchise Works
Each network has some peculiarities. For this reason, it is essential that you know what your business plan is, who your competition is, have a real SWOT analysis in mind, what is the added value of your service, what the industry trends are, and the habits of your customers.
2. Define The Franchisee Profile You Are Looking For
Are you looking to expand through new franchises or conversion franchises? You should also be clear about the type of franchisee you want to help you expand your business and be your partner.
At this point it is important to define a profile based on financial, personal and professional characteristics. Know all your data. This can help you know which are the channels in which you should invest more and give you clues how to reach your potential franchisees more easily.
Additionally, fully understanding the profile of each of your franchisees can help you avoid differences between them and better resolve conflicts that may arise.
3. Create Your Expansion Plan And Form A Selection Process
Not all businesses want to grow in the same way, so one of the tips to recruit franchisees successfully is to correctly define the default selection process.
Within the expansion plan, it is essential to be clear how many of your own centres you want to open and how many are going to be opened for each location. It must also include an expansion strategy and defines which are the priority, strategic and secondary areas. It is also vital to identify the locations of the franchise you want to avoid and the ones that carry the most risk.
4. Discover The Best Methods To Attract Franchisees
Apart from knowing the best time to attract franchisees, analyse which tools and channels as well as the resources you have.
Below, we have listed the main channels by which you can expand your network.
- Digital Marketing : You can set up an email campaign, create a social media strategy, build a website of your brand, develop an SEO and SEM strategy, sign up for franchise portals and much more thanks to the means provided by the internet.
- Franchise Fairs : Participating in trades fairs or conferences in the sector can help you establish your brand and connect with potential franchisees.
- Magazines and Specific Publications : If you include a report or an advertisement in this type of publication, you will be making sure to reach your potential franchisors.
- Press Releases : Through this type of release you can arouse the interest of the franchisee.
- Networking : If you attend various events and conferences in your area you will be creating a network of contacts that may be interested in part of your network.
- Databases : As a result of different commercial and sales actions, you can create a database that then serves to recruit them.
- Standard Advertising : Brochures, cards and other printed materials that provide basic business information can increase the visibility of your brand.
- Recommendations from Other Network Franchisees : Finally you can use word of mouth. The franchisees of your chain who know you, can guarantee your work and speak well of you, can recommend you when someone is interested in buying a franchise.
It is vital that the information you want to distribute to capture franchisees is brief, attractive and enables a first contact.
5. Measure Your Actions
Once you have a well-defined expansion plan, assess what your goals are and consider your budget to create a schedule of tasks.
Do not forget to measure each of the actions you take to recruit them. With a good evaluation, you will be able to know which are the channels that work best for you in franchisee recruitment and which ones you should avoid the next time you decide to take actions of this type.